Micom-X User Manual
Are you looking for a user manual for your Micom-X HF/SSB radio? Look no further, you can download a scanned copy here. Beware that it is about a 4MB PDF.
Front Panel Programming Instructions
1. Select the channel you wish to program (Note: The channel must be enabled for User Programming for this to work!).
2. Push the "FUNC" button twice and hold it for 3 seconds, until "NEW FREQ" appears in the display.
3. Push the "FUNC" button and "F xxxx" will appear (xxxx = whatever freq is in the memory);
4. Push the "FUNC" button and "BAND" will appear - use scroll up/down to select USB or LSB.
5. Push the "FUNC" button and "PWR" will appear - use scroll up/down to select between MAX/HIGH/MED/LOW.
6. Push "FUNC" and "AGC will appear - use scroll up/down to choose between SLOW/FAST.
7. Push the "FUNC" button and use scroll up/down to choose between SSB/AME/PLT.
8. If you have an enhanced radio, there are two more menus:
9. Push the "FUNC" button and "CH STORE will appear:
Pinout of the 25 pin Accessory Connector (J3):
|Pin No.||Pin Name||Description|
|1||SPKR-||Differential output to the external 8ohm, 8W spkr|
|3||SPKR+||Differential output to the external 8ohm, 8W speaker|
|4||RX AUDIO+||Differential output of received audio signals (0dBm; 600ohm; not controlled by volume)|
|5||RX AUDIO-||Differential output of received audio signals (0dBm; 600ohm; not controlled by volume)|
|6||TX AUDIO+||Differential input received audio signals (600ohm impedance; -9 to 0dBm is required for full power)|
|7||TX AUDIO-||Differential input audio signals (600ohm impedance; -9 to 0 dBm is required for full power)|
|8||PTT_IN VOICE||Transmission command (by short to ground) for voice signals|
|9||PTT_IN DATA||Transmission command (by short to ground) for data signals|
|10||PTT_IN CW||Transmission command (by short to ground) for CW (Morse) signals|
|11||SW A+||13.8V (nominal) current limited|
|12||KW_C_C||KW option channel change|
|13||KW_ON/OFF||KW option power ON/OFF|
|14||AGC FAST/SLOW||AGC fast or slow release|
|15||RXD||Point to point communication line to HOST/HLC|
|16||TXD||Point to point communication line to HOST/HLC|
|19||KW PTT||KW PTT|
|20||EXT_ALARM||External Alarm Operation (open collector - pulled to ground when external alarm is activated)|
|21||VPP||Flash programming voltage|
|24||FAN ON/OFF||FAN ON/OFF|
|25||KW TUNE||KW tune|
Pinout of the Programming Cable
RJ-45 Plug / DB-9 Jack
Pin 7- Receive Data ----- Pin 3- Transmit Data Pin 6- Transmit Data ----- Pin 2- Receive Data Pin 5- Ground ----- Pin 5- Ground
The orientation of the RJ45 is with the tab down and if you are looking at the end of it, pin 1 is on the right. Click here for a visual aid.
No RIB is required, it is straight RS-232 into the radio.